Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Waiting Game

Well, I think I finally did it. My application is done. Well, mostly. PTCAS is a tedious son of a gun, and it has not made me feel any better about my chances of getting into PT school. After I pay my $405 fee to them, they will calculate my GPA. It's quite possible the might just tell me my GPA is too low to apply since they calculate repeated courses into the GPA. In which case I'm out $405, not getting into PT school, and probably crying a little. Ok, two of those three things will probably happen. I'll let you choose which two you think it is.

A little thing that irritated me today was a character limit in an essay. I wrote this beautiful essay detailing why I wanted to attend Oakland University. I hit submit thinking I was golden and then this ever-so-pleasant box popped up and said that I was 500 characters over the limit. LIMIT?! Wondering why I was never informed of the limit, I grudgingly tried to take out extra words. I shortened physical therapy to 'PT' and Oakland University to 'OU.' I HATED putting abbreviations in my essay, but there was really no way I could take anything out. Irritating. For Realz.

Luckily, the application is done though. I can get this pestering thing off my shoulder and into the interwebs to be judged and critiqued by everyone. Slightly unnerving, but that is what the world is about I guess. Being a little unnerved and hoping things work out in the end. Maybe that's just how I live my life, but who knows. So now it's your turn. Please send prayers, good wishes, juju, or whatever it is you worship and praise my way. I need all the thoughts and encouragement you got!

My goals for this next week (aside from building an awesome house community and starting classes off on a good foot) are to finish my GVSU application (they don't take PTCAS), as well as try to get my PT to verify my hours and my professor to write me a letter of recommendation.

No comments:

Post a Comment